Louisiana State Parks Wireless Internet
The Louisiana Office of State Parks provides free wireless internet access at all 20 recreational parks. Extensive coverage areas include most cabins, RV slips and campsites.
Louisiana Seafood Promotion and Marketing Board (LSPMB)
Department of Culture, Recreation and Tourism (DCRT)
This position functions as the chief executive officer with overall management responsibility for the successful operation of the LSPMB, subject to the supervision, control and approval of DCRT. The position requires excellent human relations skills, extensive knowledge and commitment to issues pertaining to Louisiana's commercial fisheries, and familiarity with public and private sector programs that serve fisheries and natural resource-based industries in Louisiana. A track record of ethical, energetic and innovative leadership and experience in effectively interacting with seafood industry leaders as well as elected and appointed public officials is also required. Excellent public speaking skills and expertise in dealing with media are also required.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES
- Serves as chief staff executive, recommends and participates in the formulation of policies and makes decisions within existing LSPMB and DCRT policies.
- Fosters an environment that facilitates broad support for Louisiana's commercial fishing and seafood industries as well as strong support for the mission of the LSPMB.
- Supervises the staff and is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the LSPMB.
- Plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the staff, programs and activities of the LSPMB to ensure that objectives are attained and plans are fulfilled.
- Establishes an organizational culture that promotes excellence, efficiency and sound financial management.
- Maintains effective internal and external relationships.
- Achieves economical and productive performance, forward-looking programming and constructive development of the LSPMB.
With the approval of DCRT and within the limits of applicable laws, regulations and policies, the Executive Director is responsible for and has commensurate authority to accomplish the duties set forth below:
- Sees that the LSPMB and DCRT are kept fully informed on the conditions, programs and operations and on all important factors influencing them. Attends all DCRT staff meetings and meetings of the LSPMB and its committees.
- Plans, formulates and recommends for the approval of the DCRT and LSPMB policies and programs that will further the objectives of the LSPMB.
- Executes all decisions of the LSPMB, including authorized contracts and commitments.
- Develops policies, procedures and programs to implement the general goals and objectives established by the LSPMB and its committees.
- Develops, recommends and upon approval operates within an annual budget. Ensures that all funds, physical assets, and other property of the DCRT are appropriately administered and safeguarded.
- Directs and coordinates all approved programs, projects and major activities of the staff.
- Recruits, hires and trains staff, including clearly defining their duties, establishing performance standards, conducting performance reviews and maintaining a competitive salary structure.
- Provides the necessary liaison and staff support to the LSPMB, committee chairs and committees to enable them to properly perform their duties. Sees that committee decisions and recommendations are submitted to the LSPMB for consideration and approval in accordance with approved policies and procedures.
- Evaluates media, advertising and other opportunities in accordance with the LSPMB's strategic plan by following established policies and procedures.
- Promotes interest and active participation in the LSPMB's activities and reports activities of the Board through communications to key stakeholders.
- Maintains effective relationships with other organizations, both public and private.
- Plans and executes all communications to the industry, including key stakeholders, which include newsletters, general mailings, news releases, research reports, publications, etc.
- Conducts research on relevant issues to the commercial fishing industry to maintain a high level of awareness of all matters impacting the full supply chain of Louisiana seafood.
- Maintains relationships with other associations, industry, government, public service organizations and vendors as are desirable or necessary in the best interests of the DCRT and LSPMB and in conformity with the overall goals and objectives of the DCRT and LSPMB.
- Carries out such other general responsibilities as may be delegated by the DCRT and LSPMB.
The position is based in Baton Rouge at the Office of the Lt. Governor. Travel and overnight attendance is required at trade shows, conferences, meetings and events up to 30 percent of the time. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Previous management experience with fiscal accountability
- Experience in marketing, communication, advertising, public relations and/or brand management
- Demonstrates effective negotiation and collaboration skills
- Maintains professional and positive demeanor
- Demonstrates excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
Submit resume with a minimum of three references, a cover letter and salary requirements to LSPMBsearch@crt.la.gov or by mail to Office of the Lt. Governor, ATTN: LSPMB Search Committee, P.O. Box 44243, Baton Rouge, LA 70804, by Oct. 6, 2013.