Louisiana Division of the Arts partners with many national, regional, and state organizations that offer a variety of services to arts organizations and artists. Below are links to those organizations and their resources.
National and Regional Partners
- National Endowment of the Arts
an independent federal agency supporting artists and arts organizations and bringing the arts to all Americans.
South Arts is a nonprofit regional arts organization founded in 1975 that assists in the professional development of artists, arts organizations and arts professionals; presents, promotes and produces southern arts and cultural programming; and advocates for the arts and arts education. The organization works in partnership with the nine state arts agencies of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee.
- National Assembly of State Arts Agencies (NASAA)
The National Assembly of State Arts Agencies (NASAA) is the membership organization that unites, represents and serves the nation's state and jurisdictional arts agencies. Each of the 56 states and jurisdictions has created an agency to support excellence in and access to the arts.
- Americans for the Arts (AFTA)
Founded in 1960, Americans for the Arts is the nation's leading nonprofit organization for advancing the arts and arts education.
Louisiana Regional Development Agencies
See the Decentralized Arts Funding Program for more about these partners.
Statewide Arts Service Organizations
- Louisiana Partnership for the Arts (LPA) The LPA is the umbrella organization which represents the broad and diverse spectrum of artists, arts professionals, arts educators, arts organizations and agencies, and all those who produce, present, and serve the arts in Louisiana. It provides the the Louisiana Touring Directory , a compendium of Louisiana professional artists and companies who are able to conduct performances and other arts programming, not only in communities across the state but across the nation.
- Louisiana Alliance for Dance
Each year, LAD hosts the Louisiana Dance Festival which brings dance students and professionals from around the state together to participate in two days of classes, performances, and networking events.
- Louisiana Association of Museums (LAM)
The Louisiana Association of Museums is a not-for-profit membership organization founded in 1979 to help our state’s museums better serve their communities.
- Louisiana Assocation of Nonprofit Organizations (LANO)
LANO is a statewide member organization that advocates for the nonprofit community and strengthens the effectiveness of those committed to improving Louisiana.
- Louisiana Crafts Guild
The Louisiana Crafts Guild is an organization of juried Fine Crafts Artisans located throughout the state of Louisiana and the Southern Region of the United States.
- Louisiana Cultural Economy Foundation (LCEF)
LCEF is a catalyst for the development and enhancement of the distinct cultural industries of Louisiana by promoting the economic health and quality of life of our cultural economy workforce. It provides the Louisiana Cultural Economy Foundation Healthcare Initiative (LCEF-HI).
- Louisiana Folklore Society
The Louisiana Folklore Society encourages the study, documentation, and accurate representation of the traditional cultures of Louisiana. Its members include university professors, professional folklorists in the public sector, secondary school teachers, museum workers, graduate students, and other individuals interested in Louisiana’s traditions and cultural groups.
- Louisiana Theaters