Cabins/Group Camp: Basic cookware, cooking utensils, dinnerware, silverware, towels and linens are provided. Bring your own food and personal supplies; group camp visitors will also need to bring their own dishes, silverware, paper products, bathroom tissue, towels and linens. (click here for facility pictures and layouts)
|6 available; 1 is ADA compliant||$85/night, sleeps up to 6 people with 2 double beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper.|
|8 available; 1 is ADA compliant||$120/night, Oct-Mar; $150/night on Fridays & Saturdays, Apr-Sept, sleeps up to 8 people with 1 double bed, 2 bunk beds and 1 queen sofa sleeper|
|Group Camp||$200/night||Sleeps up to 38 people|
|26 Improved Campsites (water and electrical hookup) (map of campsites)||$18/night, Oct-Mar; $22/night, Apr-Sept|
|Primitive camping area (maximum capacity of 20)||$20 per night; reservations can be made on-line.|
|America the Beautiful Senior and Access Passes (formerly Golden Age & Golden Access Passports) (Available through the National Park Service. Click here for more information)|
Holders of the Passes, whose state of residence also honors the America the Beautiful pass, are entitled to a 50% reduction on camping fees at Louisiana State Parks. (Passport holders are allowed one site per passport).
Additional Information About Overnight Facilities
|Meeting Room||$100/day||Capacity is 100 people for both Conference and Theatre set-ups|
§ During the 2013 and 2014 fishing seasons (April 1 to October 1), you will only be able to catch and keep Bream, Red Ear and Blue Gill; all other fish must be released immediately.
§ Fishing will be allowable *only* from the banks; no fishing from boats is allowed. Kayaks and canoes will be allowed on the lake for recreational and sightseeing use only. No fishing from these water craft will be allowed.
§ All fishing in the lake shall be done using barbless hooks. Commercially available barbless hooks are preferred, but filed and mashed-down hooks are acceptable.
§ All fishers over 16 years of age are required to possess a valid Louisiana Dept. of Wildlife & Fisheries (LDWF) fishing permit. All LDWF rules and regulations regarding fishing are to be adhered to, at all Louisiana State Parks.
§ The shorelines around cabins 7 through 14 is off limits to day use guests and is reserved for cabin occupants only.
§ No cleaning of fish will be allowed on park grounds.
Boat Rentals (State Park operated rentals)
|Available April 1 through September 30|
|Kayaks (single seat)||$5 per hour or $20 per day||includes paddle and life jacket|
- Additional life jackets can be rented for $1 each where available
- Price varies with concessionaire rentals - please contact site to check availability and rates
Trails at Chemin-A-Haut State Park:
- Bobcat Trail - 1.1 miles
- Boy Scout Trail - 1/4 mile
- Paddling Trail on Bayou Bartholomew: download the PDF brochure from www.explorelouisiananorth.org.
- Equestrian Trail - 8 miles: Equestrian trails at State Parks sites are open to riders and their own horses. Day-use entrance is $2 per person; overnight campsites can be rented for $18 to $20 per night. Certification of a clean Coggins test is required for all horses brought on State Park property. It is recommended that you call ahead for the status of the trail.
- Pools are open Memorial Day weekend to August 1 and closed Mondays and Tuesdays for maintenance, except for holiday Mondays. When pools are open on a holiday Monday, the pools will be closed for maintenance on the Tuesday and Wednesday following the holiday Monday.
- From August 1 through Labor Day, pools will be open on modified schedules. Please check with the individual parks for specific days and hours of operation. All pool schedules are subject to change.
A Birder's Guide to Louisiana gives directions to over 100 areas for birding throughout the state, includes maps, Louisiana specialties, and contains beautiful photography and checklists of Louisiana birds and other wildlife. The Guide was produced through a partnership between the Atchafalaya National Heritage Area and the American Birding Association.